Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laser induced heat

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I just started using COMSOL. I am trying to do a simple simulation to see how a thin layer (200nm) on cSi substrate (280um) is heating up with CW laser operation. The substrate is kept at a constant temperature.

1. I am concerned about how to apply the boundary condition between the two layers. Idealistic condition should be fine to avoid complication. An adiabatic condition can be assumed according to a literature. But I am not sure how to apply it. Is it possible to apply identity boundary from the geometry or other option?

2. The thin layer is sufficient to absorb all the laser energy that is left after reflection, so the heat source is not directly affecting the substrate. What should be substrate thickness considered during this simulation?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Mahir

1 Reply Last Post 7 set 2016, 02:19 GMT-4
François Mandias COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 7 set 2016, 02:19 GMT-4
Dear Mahir,

Can you address your post directly to: support@comsol.com

Best,
François Mandias
Dear Mahir, Can you address your post directly to: support@comsol.com Best, François Mandias

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.