Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

AC/DC Rotating Machinery Problem : Magnetic Gear Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I'm working on the transient simulation of a magnetic gear. I'd like to calculate torque variations on inner and outer rotors.

I did exactly as what is written in magnetic gear simulation application note and I got the correct results for a magnetic gear with a halbach array. But when i change the remanent magnetic field direction in permanent magnets from halbach array configuration to radially magnetized configuration, I cannot get a correct solution. Torques on inner and outer rotors oscillate around the zero as the time increases. Radially magnetized configuration is studied in literature a lot, so I don't think the results are accurate.

What am I missing? Do you have any suggestions for this problem?

Best regards,

O.

1 Reply Last Post 6 ott 2016, 10:52 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 6 ott 2016, 10:52 GMT-4
Hello,

I tried to work on meshing and improve the mesh quality on the continuity boundaries but i couldn't get any improved results.
I attached my model without solutions and calculated torque as a snap shot.
As you see, torques oscillates around zero and this is an unexpected result for this configuration.

Is there any comment or suggestions for this model. I'm open for anything right now. I am stuck.

Best regards,

O.
Hello, I tried to work on meshing and improve the mesh quality on the continuity boundaries but i couldn't get any improved results. I attached my model without solutions and calculated torque as a snap shot. As you see, torques oscillates around zero and this is an unexpected result for this configuration. Is there any comment or suggestions for this model. I'm open for anything right now. I am stuck. Best regards, O.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.