Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem in combining physics of Fluid structure interaction and piezoelectric devices

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

For simulation of fluid actuated piezoelectric energy harvester in COMSOL, I performed following steps

1. I choose physics of Fluid structure Interaction and Piezoelectric Devices.
2. In study, I selected Stationary.
3. Next, I designed the geometry of energy harvester as defined in the paper.
4. In materials, I have used PZT 5H for piezoelectric layer (domain 4) and Aluminium for substrate (domain 3) and D shaped bluff body (domain 2).
5. Under fluid structure Interface I choose all the domains
(i) In fluid properties, i selected Domain 1, where the fluid is flowing and then defined its density and dynamic viscosity as given in paper.
(ii) I choose Inlet and Outlet boundaries as defined in paper. Rest of the boundaries have no slip condition.
(iii) In the linear elastic material i choose piezoelectric layer (domain 4) and Aluminium for substrate (domain 3) and D shaped bluff body (domain 2).
(iv)In fixed constraint I fixed bluff body.
6. In solid mechanics part
(i) I have selected substrate and bluff boy under linear elastic material and piezoelectric layer under piezoelectric material category.
(ii) Top and bottom surfaces of piezoelectric material has been grounded.
7. In mesh I used physics controlled mesh
8. Now for study, I used direct solver.
problem: Nonlinear solver did not converge and it shows infinity values

Please help me...in solving this problem.

1 Reply Last Post 24 ott 2016, 15:13 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 24 ott 2016, 15:13 GMT-4
i am also facing same issue
i am also facing same issue

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.