Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol not starting on Win10 with normal user

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

when I try to start Comsol 5..2a on our upgraded Windows 10 mashines, the attached error log occurs. *But* when I use an admin account, I can use comsol without problems.

FlLocale - SystemProperties do not contain any locale setting.
Constructing a FlLocale:en_US
InitNativeRenderDevice with screenDpi:96
The pipe is being closed.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeServerStream.WaitForConnection()
at Comsol.JavaCommunication.JavaBridgeCommandManager.WaitUntilConnected()
at Comsol.Communication.ChannelBasedCommandManager.InitializeConnection(ClientType clientType)
at ComsolDesktop.MainWindow.StartJava(Boolean devPlugins, List`1 jvmArgs, NDisconnectInfo disconnectInfo, IBridgeCommandManager oldMgr)
at ComsolDesktop.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

3 Replies Last Post 31 gen 2017, 08:47 GMT-5
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 4 nov 2016, 07:50 GMT-4
Dear Markus

I see there being two items to try to resolve this.

The first is to try opening COMOSL using an alternative method.
www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1068/​

The additional resolution is to have COMSOL rebuild the profile, these can be found at: C:\Users\Markus\.comsol
You will want to rename the v52a and v52 folders (or delete them if the settings therein are not so importnat).

Best regards,

Sven
Dear Markus I see there being two items to try to resolve this. The first is to try opening COMOSL using an alternative method. www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1068/​ The additional resolution is to have COMSOL rebuild the profile, these can be found at: C:\Users\Markus\.comsol You will want to rename the v52a and v52 folders (or delete them if the settings therein are not so importnat). Best regards, Sven

Posted: 7 years ago 30 gen 2017, 07:51 GMT-5
Thanks Mr. Sven, I also benefited from your comment.
I deleted the files of the two COMSOL versions, so COMSOL is working properly now.
Thanks Mr. Sven, I also benefited from your comment. I deleted the files of the two COMSOL versions, so COMSOL is working properly now.

Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 31 gen 2017, 08:47 GMT-5
My pleasure to hear that. Enjoy modeling!

Sven
My pleasure to hear that. Enjoy modeling! Sven

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.