Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Design of Pipe

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have designed a pipe and throughout design I have used circles. After I union-ed all of my pieces it looks like my pipe has now taken on the shape of an octagon. I have attached my file below. Can someone tell me why it has the shape of an octagon and what I can do to fix it to make it a circular pipe again?

If you look at where the input and outputs are for the pipe you can see the octagon shape the best.

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 8 nov 2016, 16:06 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 8 years ago 8 nov 2016, 08:34 GMT-5
Hello MelodyAnn,
This is purely a rendering artefact. You can "fix" it by going to File > Preferences > Graphics and Plot Windows and setting Detail to "Fine". For more background info on this, see www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/36108 .
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello MelodyAnn, This is purely a rendering artefact. You can "fix" it by going to File > Preferences > Graphics and Plot Windows and setting Detail to "Fine". For more background info on this, see https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/36108 . Best regards, Jeff

Posted: 8 years ago 8 nov 2016, 16:06 GMT-5
Thank you Jeff!

This fixed the problem.
Thank you Jeff! This fixed the problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.