Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Idea to simualte solid discrete particles fluid interaction in rotating frame

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have been trying to simulate solid discrete particles fluid interaction in rotating frame. I tried to use the rotating machinery mixer module but it is not valid for discrete particles of larger size and if loading is more than 10%, it does not work. Does anybody has any idea to simulate solid liquid mix ( canned beans) heating undergoing end over end rotation.

Your directional thoughts are highly appreciated. .

Sohan Birla

1 Reply Last Post 15 nov 2016, 17:51 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 15 nov 2016, 17:51 GMT-5

I have been trying to simulate solid discrete particles fluid interaction in rotating frame. I tried to use the rotating machinery mixer module but it is not valid for discrete particles of larger size and if loading is more than 10%, it does not work. Does anybody has any idea to simulate solid liquid mix ( canned beans) heating undergoing end over end rotation.

Your directional thoughts are highly appreciated. .

Sohan Birla

I am able to simulate this problem in Fluent software as the software allows multi-phase flow in rotating frame/mesh.
[QUOTE] I have been trying to simulate solid discrete particles fluid interaction in rotating frame. I tried to use the rotating machinery mixer module but it is not valid for discrete particles of larger size and if loading is more than 10%, it does not work. Does anybody has any idea to simulate solid liquid mix ( canned beans) heating undergoing end over end rotation. Your directional thoughts are highly appreciated. . Sohan Birla [/QUOTE] I am able to simulate this problem in Fluent software as the software allows multi-phase flow in rotating frame/mesh.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.