Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

orthogonal view

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How to see an object orthogonally? I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology but what I mean to say is: when you look at a 3D geometry in the x-y, y-z or z-x planes, COMSOL shows them in a perspective (?) view. For example, if I have a 3D pipe, and I am looking at it from the side view, I only want to see two concentric circles instead I am seeing 4 concentric circles. I started having this issue when I started using the 4X COMSOL versions. In 3.5 there was a button to change the view. If my question is not clear please let me know and I will try to explain it using a picture.

Thanks,
Sirisha

5 Replies Last Post 17 ago 2015, 13:30 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 gen 2011, 03:52 GMT-5
Hi

that is the Perspective or projection mode see the "view" subnode.

Note you might have several views and even some with hidden geoemtries OR entities

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that is the Perspective or projection mode see the "view" subnode. Note you might have several views and even some with hidden geoemtries OR entities -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago 3 feb 2015, 13:02 GMT-5
Did you figure this out. I'm trying to achieve the same thing with no luck.
Did you figure this out. I'm trying to achieve the same thing with no luck.

Posted: 9 years ago 3 feb 2015, 13:07 GMT-5
Figured it out. Thanks
Figured it out. Thanks

Posted: 9 years ago 23 giu 2015, 04:10 GMT-4

Figured it out. Thanks

Can you share how you did it?
[QUOTE] Figured it out. Thanks [/QUOTE] Can you share how you did it?

Posted: 9 years ago 17 ago 2015, 13:30 GMT-4
Go to Model / Definitions / View / Camera
then change Perspective to Orthographic under Projection.
Go to Model / Definitions / View / Camera then change Perspective to Orthographic under Projection.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.