Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Surface tensile stress vs. Radius of curvature in thin films

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All

I'm trying to simulate the 3D-surface tensile stress distribution of thin films when it bent with a radius of curvature R, but I don't have any idea of how I can set the radius of curvature in the model.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Hiroyuki Kuwae

2 Replies Last Post 11 apr 2017, 10:46 GMT-4

Posted: 7 years ago 28 mar 2017, 00:13 GMT-4

Dear All

I'm trying to simulate the 3D-surface tensile stress distribution of thin films when it bent with a radius of curvature R, but I don't have any idea of how I can set the radius of curvature in the model.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Hiroyuki Kuwae

This answer given by Daniel Smith may give you a hint:
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/30614/

[QUOTE] Dear All I'm trying to simulate the 3D-surface tensile stress distribution of thin films when it bent with a radius of curvature R, but I don't have any idea of how I can set the radius of curvature in the model. Any help is greatly appreciated! Regards, Hiroyuki Kuwae [/QUOTE] This answer given by Daniel Smith may give you a hint: https://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/30614/

Posted: 7 years ago 11 apr 2017, 10:46 GMT-4
Hi Mr. Mohammad

Sorry for late replay.
Based on your suggestions, I got the results. I appreciate your kindness.
Hi Mr. Mohammad Sorry for late replay. Based on your suggestions, I got the results. I appreciate your kindness.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.