Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Setting heat transfer coefficient on cell faces

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to set specific heat transfer coefficients on cell faces?
The idea here is that I have a list on cooardiantes for cells in a model and the information on the h value for these cells (cell faces). Can I connect this information to the model that I have in COMSOL?

2 Replies Last Post 6 apr 2017, 07:17 GMT-4
Niklas Rom COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 6 apr 2017, 06:41 GMT-4
Hi,
you can enter an arbitrary function for boundary conditions. For example, if you have an interpolation table in the space coordinates on a text file, you can import it as an interpolation function. See page 10 in the documentation of the cooling flange model:
www.comsol.com/model/temperature-field-in-a-cooling-flange-451

Should you have any more questions, don't hesitate to contact support@comsol.com.
kind regards
Niklas

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to set specific heat transfer coefficients on cell faces?
The idea here is that I have a list on cooardiantes for cells in a model and the information on the h value for these cells (cell faces). Can I connect this information to the model that I have in COMSOL?

Hi, you can enter an arbitrary function for boundary conditions. For example, if you have an interpolation table in the space coordinates on a text file, you can import it as an interpolation function. See page 10 in the documentation of the cooling flange model: https://www.comsol.com/model/temperature-field-in-a-cooling-flange-451 Should you have any more questions, don't hesitate to contact support@comsol.com. kind regards Niklas [QUOTE] Hi, I was wondering if its possible to set specific heat transfer coefficients on cell faces? The idea here is that I have a list on cooardiantes for cells in a model and the information on the h value for these cells (cell faces). Can I connect this information to the model that I have in COMSOL? [/QUOTE]

Posted: 7 years ago 6 apr 2017, 07:17 GMT-4
Thanks for the quick response, a followup question that I had regarding the Interpolation function, what is the maximum arguments that I can use? Is it 3 or it has been changed?

Thanks for the quick response, a followup question that I had regarding the Interpolation function, what is the maximum arguments that I can use? Is it 3 or it has been changed?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.