Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

surface charge, weak form boundary,time-depended

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone
I want to model a discharge use Poisson's equation and the conservation equations (electrons and positive ions). (1 dimesion)

But on one of the boundarys i should use the following condition for Poisson's equation, and I do not know how?

n.(D1-D2)=sigma ====================> i khow how do this

dsigma/dt = - (electron' charge)*(sum electron flux and ions flux) =======> i don't khow how do this?

sigma is surface charge due to "The flux of charged particles"

Apparently should be used "weak form,boundary" node (time-depended Analysis) but i don't khow how?
please guide me with details.

thanks

2 Replies Last Post 22 apr 2017, 03:47 GMT-4

Posted: 7 years ago 21 apr 2017, 17:00 GMT-4
Avat,

I have been working on this problem for a few months. My strategy was to add a PDE to the model and defining the equation for surface charge density there.

Your model is more complicated as it includes charged particles. For this, you may add a "transport of dilute species".

Please keep me updated about your success and feel free to share your ideas with me.

Amin,
Avat, I have been working on this problem for a few months. My strategy was to add a PDE to the model and defining the equation for surface charge density there. Your model is more complicated as it includes charged particles. For this, you may add a "transport of dilute species". Please keep me updated about your success and feel free to share your ideas with me. Amin,

Posted: 7 years ago 22 apr 2017, 03:47 GMT-4
hi my friend!
Because of the large number of equations and the great number of coefficients of reactivity, the probability of singularity is very high and at the boundarys should be weak form.

I think that the most complex part of comsol is weak form (for subdomains ,boundarys and points).
hi my friend! Because of the large number of equations and the great number of coefficients of reactivity, the probability of singularity is very high and at the boundarys should be weak form. I think that the most complex part of comsol is weak form (for subdomains ,boundarys and points).

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.