Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Add hourly weather conditions data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm working on a project, which i am making a study about the interaction of sunlight with a plant at a specific weather conditions.

The problem that i am facing is that i don't know how to input the hourly weather conditions data that i have which they are the temperature, wind speed, humidity, solar radiation and pressure for a specific day.

Also how to make Comsol understand that these are weather conditions data

2 Replies Last Post 28 apr 2017, 16:40 GMT-4

Posted: 7 years ago 27 apr 2017, 11:46 GMT-4
i tried defining an interpolation function for hourly varianles, but the plot was not exactly as the table. i am guessing it is probably because of the interpolate method. then i tried all of the four methods including linear, piercewise, nearest vale ... still not work.
i tried defining an interpolation function for hourly varianles, but the plot was not exactly as the table. i am guessing it is probably because of the interpolate method. then i tried all of the four methods including linear, piercewise, nearest vale ... still not work.

Walter Frei COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 28 apr 2017, 16:40 GMT-4
Hello,

This article addresses what you're asking about:
www.comsol.com/blogs/thermal-modeling-of-the-air-flow-inside-and-around-your-house/
Please note that these databases of weather properties are available only if you have the Heat Transfer Module.

Best Regards,
Hello, This article addresses what you're asking about: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/thermal-modeling-of-the-air-flow-inside-and-around-your-house/ Please note that these databases of weather properties are available only if you have the Heat Transfer Module. Best Regards,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.