Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cut "curve" 3D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I've solved a coupled velocity and temperature field in an evaporating liquid. The liquid interface is not flat. To compare with my experimental results, I need to extract the data along a diagonal curve at the interface (See the attached file).

Does comsol have something similar to cut line 3D to obtain a curve on the non flat surfaces?

Amin,

4 Replies Last Post 2 giu 2017, 15:58 GMT-4

Posted: 7 years ago 2 giu 2017, 03:25 GMT-4
Results --> Data Sets --> More Data Sets --> Parameterized Curve 3D

Lasse
Results --> Data Sets --> More Data Sets --> Parameterized Curve 3D Lasse

Posted: 7 years ago 2 giu 2017, 13:52 GMT-4

Results --> Data Sets --> More Data Sets --> Parameterized Curve 3D
Lasse

Thanks Lesse.
But I forgot to note that I don't have the parametric equation of the curved surface. Is there any other way?
I think I have to repeat the simulation having the curve already defined on the surface in the geometry section.
Amin,
[QUOTE] Results --> Data Sets --> More Data Sets --> Parameterized Curve 3D Lasse [/QUOTE] Thanks Lesse. But I forgot to note that I don't have the parametric equation of the curved surface. Is there any other way? I think I have to repeat the simulation having the curve already defined on the surface in the geometry section. Amin,

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 2 giu 2017, 14:41 GMT-4
Updated: 7 years ago 2 giu 2017, 14:49 GMT-4
Hi Amin,
You can modify the geometry to add the line you want (and in your case it looks like that line can be generated by intersecting the geometry with a block), then use "Update Solution" in your Study.
Using "Update Solution", as opposed to "Compute", avoids recomputing the solution.
Best,
Jeff
Hi Amin, You can modify the geometry to add the line you want (and in your case it looks like that line can be generated by intersecting the geometry with a block), then use "Update Solution" in your Study. Using "Update Solution", as opposed to "Compute", avoids recomputing the solution. Best, Jeff

Posted: 7 years ago 2 giu 2017, 15:58 GMT-4

Hi Amin,
You can modify the geometry to add the line you want (and in your case it looks like that line can be generated by intersecting the geometry with a block), then use "Update Solution" in your Study.
Using "Update Solution", as opposed to "Compute", avoids recomputing the solution.
Best,
Jeff

Jeff
It worked.
(I generated the curve using "partition faces and a workplane")
Thank you.
Amin,
[QUOTE] Hi Amin, You can modify the geometry to add the line you want (and in your case it looks like that line can be generated by intersecting the geometry with a block), then use "Update Solution" in your Study. Using "Update Solution", as opposed to "Compute", avoids recomputing the solution. Best, Jeff [/QUOTE] Jeff It worked. (I generated the curve using "partition faces and a workplane") Thank you. Amin,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.