Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RFID antenna simulation questions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello All,

I have been leanring UHF FFID tag design and downloaded an example model called "uhf_rfid_tag.mph". However, from the knowledge I have and comparing with the model, I have several questions:
1. In the model, the layer of the antenna material is assumed to be zero (no thickness), I am sure the conductivity of the material affects the performance of the antenna. Why is is zero?
2. The dipole antenna is a symmetrical structure so if the antenna is only simulated in half and set the surface to be symmetrical, will the results are same as that of simulating a full 3D structure?
3. I am trying to draw a 3D model in Autodesk and then import it into Comsol. I try to draw an antenna on top of the substrate in 2D (without extruding) but it doesnt recognize in Comsol once imported. I tried to play with few importing options but the antenna doesnt show up as it doesnt have a thickness.
4. If I want to use "Parameter Sweep", does the model must be drawn in Comsol? imported model doesnt work on parameter sweep?

Many thanks,

Rock

0 Replies Last Post 5 giu 2017, 01:29 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rock

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.