Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Current and Voltage in DC module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

Sorry for a noob question. I am new to COMSOL and have a lot to learn :-)

I am trying to model current flowing from a cathode, through a solution and into an anode. I am currently modelling the solution as water. I am using the AC/DC module (I don't have the electro chemistry module available) in electric currents mode. I am applying a voltage difference across the anode + cathode and am getting a reasonable looking voltage distribution. I can't find a way to display the current distribution. I wouldn't have though this would be complex but I'm a bit stuck... Can you suggest a way to obtain current distribution?

I also need to move on to varying the conductivity of the solution relative to time and current. I guess I can write an equation for this in the [Material][electrical conductivity] box. Is this detailed in a tutorial or guidance notes anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

0 Replies Last Post 6 giu 2017, 12:43 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tim Tilford

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.