Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I plot using cylindrical parameters in 3D?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am doing a problem that to investigate the flow field of a u-shaped pipe, which radius of curvature is about ten-time of the pipe diameter. Fluid flows in one end and flows out at the other end.

I set up the geometry in 3D mode.
I set phi=atan2(y,x) and r=sqrt(x^2+y^2) in Scalar Expressions.
After simulation, I would like to plot the vector field of velocity at a particular plane, ie, phi=30 deg. How can I do that? Thanks.

3 Replies Last Post 10 mar 2011, 01:56 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 mar 2011, 00:52 GMT-5
Hi

I would either make internal boundaries in the geometry section or use a cut plane postprocessing feature

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would either make internal boundaries in the geometry section or use a cut plane postprocessing feature -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 mar 2011, 01:45 GMT-5

Hi

I would either make internal boundaries in the geometry section or use a cut plane postprocessing feature

--
Good luck
Ivar

I have tried to use cut place postprocessing feature. However, I can only show the velocities in form of a color surface. How can I show the velocities in a form of vector (or arrow)? Thanks.
[QUOTE] Hi I would either make internal boundaries in the geometry section or use a cut plane postprocessing feature -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] I have tried to use cut place postprocessing feature. However, I can only show the velocities in form of a color surface. How can I show the velocities in a form of vector (or arrow)? Thanks.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 mar 2011, 01:56 GMT-5
Hi

in V4 you have arrow plots, you need to look "deep" at 2nd/3rd level of the right click in the plot node options "more"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in V4 you have arrow plots, you need to look "deep" at 2nd/3rd level of the right click in the plot node options "more" -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.