Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multi variable dependent table material property

Evthimios Karaliolios

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying to import a table containing Magnetization values for Gd, based on the temperature T (K) and the magnetic induction B (T) for a magnetocaloric refrigeration simulation. However, I cannot find a way to import such a table with Comsol understanding to interpolate it for two variables.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Any help is much appreciated!

Evthimios Karaliolios

2 Replies Last Post 10 ago 2017, 12:27 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 9 ago 2017, 17:06 GMT-4
Hello Evthimios,
See the Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics, version 5.3, page 282 and following.
All manuals are accessed through File > Help > Documentation.
Best,
Jeff
Hello Evthimios, See the Reference Manual for COMSOL Multiphysics, version 5.3, page 282 and following. All manuals are accessed through File > Help > Documentation. Best, Jeff

Evthimios Karaliolios

Posted: 7 years ago 10 ago 2017, 12:27 GMT-4
Thank you Jeff! I figured out how to import the data from Excel into Comsol. Thanks for showing me the right section in the manual, it can be quite extensive sometimes.

However, I still have the feeling that the data is not really linked with the output variables (temperature ht.T, magnetic flux density mfnc.normB) of other parts of the model I am designing. I would like to be able to use customized magnetization values based on the temperature distribution and magnetic flux density field in the system. How can I link those?

Thank a lot in advance!

Evthimios
Thank you Jeff! I figured out how to import the data from Excel into Comsol. Thanks for showing me the right section in the manual, it can be quite extensive sometimes. However, I still have the feeling that the data is not really linked with the output variables (temperature ht.T, magnetic flux density mfnc.normB) of other parts of the model I am designing. I would like to be able to use customized magnetization values based on the temperature distribution and magnetic flux density field in the system. How can I link those? Thank a lot in advance! Evthimios

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.