Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Disk error while reading from temporary solution file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I just finished running a parametric sweep simulation of 42 hours, and experienced no problems during this.
Now, when trying to save or plot any data, I am getting the error 'disk error while reading from temporary solution file'.
I am running my hard drives in NTFS mode, and I should have sufficient hard drive space available.
I would be really disappointed if this requires me to rerun my simulation.
What can I do to somehow rescue my data, and what causes this problem?

By the way: when trying to save my data, I can see the temporary .tmp file being created and getting larger and larger until approximately 40 GB, but then the error occurs. This makes me believe that the data is obviously still around somewhere...

Also, I am running Comsol 5.2a on a windows pc.

Thanks already.

0 Replies Last Post 11 ago 2017, 07:19 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Robin Egberts

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.