Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unstable system matrices coming from extraction using Livelink with MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I build an active magnetic bearing model in COMSOL 5.1 using AC-DC and studies of which are giving me results. After that, I have extracted the coordinate details from the model using Livelink with MATLAB. In this programme, [meshstats,meshdata]=mphmeshstats using this command, i have extracted the mesh details (node information and element matrix).The programme you will get in the name of getdata1.m in the attachment. Then I have tried to extract the state space system matrices using mphstate command. The program you will get in the name of statespace1.m in the attachment. For that, I had to create one domain probe point. I am taking one node position( x,y,z coordinate values) as the probe point. But system matrices (MA) are coming unstable, means eigen values of which are positive and negative both, which should come only negative. how to tackle this problem? Please tell what is creating the problem? I also want to know what is the feasibility of creating that domain probe point and why state space system matrix(MA) is coming Unstable?

0 Replies Last Post 30 ago 2017, 03:31 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sudipta Saha

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.