Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to extract the pressure from the fluid analysis and apply it to a structural analysis?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I want to model a shell structure immersed in fluid. From the discussion of
www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/11528/
, I have an idea of extracting the pressure from a fluid analysis for an input of a structural analysis. Now, I have Comsol v.3.5a and Matlab at hand. Would anybody please tell me the next step that I can do in Matlab and in Comsol? Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 16 mar 2011, 06:23 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 mar 2011, 05:36 GMT-4
Hi

the pressure field over a boundary in FSI is the variable "p" (implicitly p(x,y) for a surface along x,y).
Then do you need the average value ? or the field value (distributed value) ?
First question to ask yourself

The commands to extract these are in the doc such as postinterp(), but 3.5 is getting too old for me I have forgotten most of the stuff already ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the pressure field over a boundary in FSI is the variable "p" (implicitly p(x,y) for a surface along x,y). Then do you need the average value ? or the field value (distributed value) ? First question to ask yourself The commands to extract these are in the doc such as postinterp(), but 3.5 is getting too old for me I have forgotten most of the stuff already ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 mar 2011, 06:23 GMT-4
Dear Ivar,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I need the field value, and how to import the values into a new model? I want to extract and import all the pressures on the surface of the shell.
Thanks!
Dear Ivar, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I need the field value, and how to import the values into a new model? I want to extract and import all the pressures on the surface of the shell. Thanks!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.