Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Relative Displacement Amplitudes of Eigenfrequencies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All

I have successfully used an Eigenfrequnecy study to determine the the eigenfrequnecies of a gelatin cylinder. Now I would like to determine the relative intensities of each mode. In other words, for a given driving force, how large are the resulting displacments. (I dont' need absolute magnitudes -- just reltive magnitudes). Can anyone please walk me through the steps of obtaining this?

Thank you Ben

1 Reply Last Post 27 gen 2018, 18:05 GMT-5
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 27 gen 2018, 18:05 GMT-5

for a given driving force

If you want the response due to a known driving force, then you want to do a sinusoidal steady state (frequency dependent) analysis.

The eigenmode analysis gives you the frequencies of the modes (only).

D.W. Greve DWGreve Consulting

> for a given driving force If you want the response due to a known driving force, then you want to do a sinusoidal steady state (frequency dependent) analysis. The eigenmode analysis gives you the frequencies of the modes (only). D.W. Greve DWGreve Consulting

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.