Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing of complex membrane structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear I am trying to mesh a membrane which consists of three different domains (External, Medium and Internal ) and want to draw mesh convergence plot of my geometery to identify at what mesh property it converges. Medium domain is suppose to be sensitive that's why It must be mesh very finely. I tried tetrahedral mesh at each domain separetly. Also I tried Triangular mesh with swept command. For 3D how can I draw convergenece curve, I don't have any idea. Although I watched videos as well but did not find any particular method to do so. Using parametric sweep I sweep the element size of mesh and plot one of eigenfrequency corresponding to sweeping mesh elements/ Result obtained is shown in attached file. It shows from extreme coarser mesh till Normal it convergences which is not correct and at fine mesh results are deviating alot specially at extremely fine mesh. I want to draw a convergence curve for my geometry in comsol. If anyone has idea, Please comment

Thank you for your support.

0 Replies Last Post 8 feb 2018, 03:30 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello MG

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.