Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems with periodic bc in magnetic fields

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I have a problem running a very simple magnetic problem with a periodic boundary condition. The file is attached. The unit cell is a cube, I use an edge current as the excitation, which is entering and exiting the domain at the periodic boundary condition surfaces at an angle. I get the following error: Internal error in solve stage of Auxiliary space Maxwell Solver. - Detail: HYPRE error description: Generic error. - Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1)

I am not sure I am applying the periodic bc correctly. I may also have overlooked something else. The file also has an extended, 3D coil domain (disabled currently), and the necessary Coil Geometry Analysis study step. If the "edge current" problem is solved above, I am wondering how this problem could be solved. I am specifying an input and output boundary for the coil, which lies in the plane of the periodic BC. However, the coil is entering at an angle. Would this be handled correctly?

Thank you Daniel

3 Replies Last Post 12 mar 2018, 16:34 GMT-4

Posted: 6 years ago 28 feb 2018, 10:50 GMT-5

A gauge fixing node solved the problem

A gauge fixing node solved the problem

Posted: 6 years ago 12 mar 2018, 13:48 GMT-4

Hi Daniel

I have the same problem in a cylindrical domain case. It is also stationary. How did you fixed it, please?

Wael

Hi Daniel I have the same problem in a cylindrical domain case. It is also stationary. How did you fixed it, please? Wael

Posted: 6 years ago 12 mar 2018, 16:34 GMT-4

As I wrote in the last post: by adding a gauge fixing node. Cheers Daniel

As I wrote in the last post: by adding a gauge fixing node. Cheers Daniel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.