Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat transfer module: no surface-to-surface-radiation modelling found

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I tried to set up a simple simulation (Comsol4.4) to estimate heat transfere in our experiment. Since some parts are cooled to low temperatures, it will be nessecary to implement surface-to-surface-radiation. I found some very interesting tutorials and up to this point it seemed to be rather easy.

Unfortunately I was not able to find the surfacce-to-surface-radiation component. Neither was there a seperate button in the "Select Physics" dialog (see picture) nor was any possibility in the "normal" "heat transfer in solids (ht)" module.

So the big question is right now, where can I find and how can I implement.

Thanks to everybody, Markus!

1 Reply Last Post 15 mag 2018, 08:29 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 15 mag 2018, 08:29 GMT-4
Updated: 6 years ago 15 mag 2018, 08:30 GMT-4

Hello Markus,

Surface-to-surface radiation is a capability found only in the product called the Heat Transfer Module. From your screenshot, it looks like you do not have that product, so that for heat transfer you are only getting those capabilities coming from the core COMSOL Multiphysics and the AC/DC Module.

You can check what products are included on your license by going to File > Licensed and Used Products.

To discuss adding the Heat Transfer Module to your license, contact your COMSOL representative .

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Markus, Surface-to-surface radiation is a capability found only in the product called the Heat Transfer Module. From your screenshot, it looks like you do not have that product, so that for heat transfer you are only getting those capabilities coming from the core COMSOL Multiphysics and the AC/DC Module. You can check what products are included on your license by going to File > Licensed and Used Products. To discuss adding the Heat Transfer Module to your license, contact [your COMSOL representative](http://www.comsol.com/contact/) . Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.