Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Iso2mesh mesh import to comsol

Mahasweta Bhattacharya

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am a regular user of Iso2mesh, MMCLab and COMSOL 5.3. I have been running my MC Simulations on Colin 27 Adult Head. Now I tried to save the mesh in mphtxt using the "savemphtxt" function. I was careful to make sure that the input nodes, elems and faces have the exact array size. The good thing is I am able to import the mesh and I can see it properly. But everytime I try to create the geometry from the mesh, Comsol throws error that there is an issue with a point or a face. I tried all the solutions given in the discussions at the iso2mesh community but nothing seems to work. Is the problem happening because of the COMSOL version I am using, since all the discussions in the community are based on the Comsol version 4s. Can you please help me out why I am having a geometry creating problem when my mesh looks perfectly fine in COMSOL? Is there any way to repair an mphtxt mesh in COMSOL?

Regards, Mahasweta Bhattacharya PhD Graduate Student Department of Biomedical Engineering 208 Bonner Hall University at Buffalo

0 Replies Last Post 4 giu 2018, 13:41 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mahasweta Bhattacharya

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.