Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling nanotube

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I would like to simulate the influence of fiber orientation of CNT (Carbon Nano Tube) on some properties, like thermal conductivity and mechanical properties.

Please feel free to contact me if further information is needed. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and your consideration.

Best regards,

7 Replies Last Post 26 nov 2014, 20:41 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 mag 2011, 03:44 GMT-4
Hi

Fiber material means anisotropic material behaviour, so be prepared to do some tensor maths ;)

everything is in COMSOL, but I cannot really propose any examples, perhaps you will fnd something by scanning the conference papers

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Fiber material means anisotropic material behaviour, so be prepared to do some tensor maths ;) everything is in COMSOL, but I cannot really propose any examples, perhaps you will fnd something by scanning the conference papers -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 mag 2011, 04:32 GMT-4
Hi,

Thank you :)
It is something a bit difficult !
Hi, Thank you :) It is something a bit difficult !

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 ago 2011, 13:56 GMT-4
Hi, I have a question about drawing a CNT array modeling. Do I need to draw all the carbon atoms in one CNT? Or just draw a tube with proper wall thickness? Thanks.
Hi, I have a question about drawing a CNT array modeling. Do I need to draw all the carbon atoms in one CNT? Or just draw a tube with proper wall thickness? Thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 mar 2012, 06:09 GMT-4
Sir, cureently i am working on the CNTFET, but i cant find any models related to tht topic, can u please send any model files regarding the carbon nano tube field effect transistor, my email id is lrajesh0111@gmail.com
Sir, cureently i am working on the CNTFET, but i cant find any models related to tht topic, can u please send any model files regarding the carbon nano tube field effect transistor, my email id is lrajesh0111@gmail.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 mag 2012, 05:50 GMT-4
Dear all,
Regarding the CNT-FET model , Coud someone please send any model files regarding the carbon nano tube field effect transistor or share the knowloege with me please about this model, my email is alireza.mousavi@gmail.com

Thank you for your cooperation in advance.
Dear all, Regarding the CNT-FET model , Coud someone please send any model files regarding the carbon nano tube field effect transistor or share the knowloege with me please about this model, my email is alireza.mousavi@gmail.com Thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 lug 2013, 23:36 GMT-4
Hello Alireza Mousavi,

What's the update of CNTFET. Did you complete it by COMSOL.

I need some help regarding GFET.

With Thanks
NAHID
Hello Alireza Mousavi, What's the update of CNTFET. Did you complete it by COMSOL. I need some help regarding GFET. With Thanks NAHID

Posted: 10 years ago 26 nov 2014, 20:41 GMT-5
Sir , I am working on CNT FET. Can you please let me know which simulation software you are using? Is it available online? My email id: bhattacharyya.gargee@gmail.com
Sir , I am working on CNT FET. Can you please let me know which simulation software you are using? Is it available online? My email id: bhattacharyya.gargee@gmail.com

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.