Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Setting up multiple independent studies

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

For example, I have a Study 1 that does a certain calculation, then a Study 2 that does a very similar calculation with a different field configuration and has absolutely no connection to Study 1, then I want to combine these two results using Join. How should I set this up, and can I make all the studies to run with a single click?

2 Replies Last Post 11 giu 2018, 07:31 GMT-4

Posted: 6 years ago 11 giu 2018, 05:44 GMT-4
Updated: 6 years ago 11 giu 2018, 07:45 GMT-4

Hello,

To compute both in one click, I suggest you use only one study and and different study steps for what you want to do. In order to store the solutions of all the steps, be sure to check the box "Store solution for all intermediate study steps" in the settings of the Study1 node.

Once the computation is complete, in the Results, you can rigth click the Data Sets node and choose "Join".

Hope it helps !

Hello, To compute both in one click, I suggest you use only one study and and different study steps for what you want to do. In order to store the solutions of all the steps, be sure to check the box "Store solution for all intermediate study steps" in the settings of the Study1 node. Once the computation is complete, in the Results, you can rigth click the Data Sets node and choose "Join". Hope it helps !

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 11 giu 2018, 07:31 GMT-4
Updated: 6 years ago 11 giu 2018, 07:32 GMT-4

Hi,

If the studies are not really connected to each other, I would suggest using two different studies, rather than study steps. Then you add a third study of the type 'Empty study' and add two 'Study Reference' steps. In this way it is easy both to run each study individually, and also to run both at the same time.

Regards,
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, If the studies are not really connected to each other, I would suggest using two different studies, rather than study steps. Then you add a third study of the type 'Empty study' and add two 'Study Reference' steps. In this way it is easy both to run each study individually, and also to run both at the same time. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.