Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geothermal production well temperature declines too slow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey all,

I'm new to comsol (i've been using it for 3 weeks now). I'm currently modelling something that looks like the 'geothermal doublet' application from comsol, but instead I have a pressure driven flow. It also does not contain a fracture.

My problem now is that I want to compute the production temperatue of my production wells over the years. It seems like the well influences the temperature as such it remains high around the production well. Even after 80 years the temperature only decreased with 10 degrees, while the surrounding dropped to the injection temperature!

The image attached is a cross section through the mirrored simplified model with two wells inside an aquifer in between two impermeable layers.

Anyone please help?

1 Reply Last Post 22 giu 2018, 05:27 GMT-4
Yara Soares COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 22 giu 2018, 05:27 GMT-4

Dear Sophie,

Thank you for positing your question. I have noticed that you didn't receive an answer yet. If you have access to a license on subscription, I would like to suggest sending an email to support@comsol.com for a swift response.

Kind regards,

Yara Soares

COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212

www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com

Dear Sophie, Thank you for positing your question. I have noticed that you didn't receive an answer yet. If you have access to a license on subscription, I would like to suggest sending an email to support@comsol.com for a swift response. Kind regards, Yara Soares -------------------------------------------------------------------------- COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212 www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com ----------------------------------------------------

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.