Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling a Novel Photonic Silicon On Insulator PhotoActivated Modulator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

This device is similar to an inverted MOSFET. The only difference is that in the device , the n-type channel is separated from the p-type substrate by a Silicondioxide layer which acts as an insulator of thickness 150 nm. But i am facing trouble in simulation since there is no interaction or continuity between insulator layer and n-type channel. How to mantain the continuity of the p type and n type channel when a silicondioxide layer is placed between them?

2 Replies Last Post 17 giu 2018, 03:49 GMT-4

Posted: 6 years ago 17 giu 2018, 03:44 GMT-4

Dear Ananya, I think you are talking about the attached geometry of SOIPAM. You need to check various boundary condition at the interface of P-SiO2-N type of seminconductor.

With best wishes, (Subhash Arya)

Dear Ananya, I think you are talking about the attached geometry of SOIPAM. You need to check various boundary condition at the interface of P-SiO2-N type of seminconductor. With best wishes, (Subhash Arya)

Posted: 6 years ago 17 giu 2018, 03:49 GMT-4

Some more information you can get from Blog of silicon photonics https://www.comsol.co.in/blogs/silicon-photonics-designing-and-prototyping-silicon-waveguides/

Some more information you can get from Blog of silicon photonics https://www.comsol.co.in/blogs/silicon-photonics-designing-and-prototyping-silicon-waveguides/

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.