Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laser Sintering of nanoparticles

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all:

I am a research student at the University of Texas at Austin and I have a particular problem I am having trouble finsing the resources for.

The problem: Model the laser sintering of nanoparticles in a particle bed.

Currently I am trying to model one particle and then build up to multiple until I reach the level of being able to model the entire bed.

I am having trouble coupling the heat transfer with the material deformation. I would like to actually model the melting because when I go to model multiple particles, I would like to model how they sinter together so we can predict the actual process.

I am having a hard time finding the resources I need. I will continue to research and do as many examples I can, but any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

If I have not clearly stated the problem I can provide models and/or elaborate.

I am using COMSOL multiphysics version 5.2

Also, any help with knowing which modules I would need to do this would also be nice. I can get the university to give me access if I know which ones.

Thank You Nathan UT 2018 Mechanical Engineering

1 Reply Last Post 26 giu 2018, 14:05 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 26 giu 2018, 14:05 GMT-4

I actually have a very similar issue to this and would also like to know how people are handling this.

I actually have a very similar issue to this and would also like to know how people are handling this.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.