Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Infinite Pressure Pulse Wave Velocity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsol Users,

I am interested in the pulse wave propagation in interaction with narrowings in a tube including different material properties. So I builded a 2D axissymetric Fluid Structure Interaction model with a time dependent pressure curve as inlet ( p(t) ). The model gives proper results, but one things remains for my unclear: why is the pressure pulse traveling with an infinite velocity along the lenght? In other words, the pressure wave has the same time-pressure relation along the entire length (5 meter in my model).

So my question is: How can I set the boundary conditions in such a way that I can change the pressure pulse velocity?

Thanks in advance for replying!

Kind Regards,

Bart

1 Reply Last Post 29 giu 2018, 05:28 GMT-4
Yara Soares COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 29 giu 2018, 05:28 GMT-4

Dear Bart,

Thank you for positing your question.If you have access to a license on subscription, I would like to suggest sending an email to support@comsol.com for a swift response.

Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards,

Yara Soares

COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212

www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com

Dear Bart, Thank you for positing your question.If you have access to a license on subscription, I would like to suggest sending an email to support@comsol.com for a swift response. Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards, Yara Soares ------------------------------------------------------------------ COMSOL BV | Röntgenlaan 37 | 2719 DX Zoetermeer Phone: +31 (0)79 363 4230 | Fax: +31 (0)79 361 4212 www.comsol.nl | yara.soares@comsol.com ------------------------------------------

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.