Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to keep irregular edges from a DEM

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to build a geometry by importing a DEM and several subsurface layers for a hydrogeological model, which I have created in ArcMap. I am able to bring these surfaces into my project and build parametric surfaces for them. However, these files have irregular edges and comsol assignes the surfaces a rectangular edge based on the extent of the file. Is it possible to keep these irregular edges or to cut out the extra using a mask of some sort?

2 Replies Last Post 25 lug 2018, 07:41 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 20 lug 2018, 08:29 GMT-4

Hello Fatima,

See this older thread where I discuss a way to handle this type of situation.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Fatima, See [this older thread](https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/143132/importing-odd-shape-dem-and-xyz-available?last=2017-05-03T16:33:44Z) where I discuss a way to handle this type of situation. Best, Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago 25 lug 2018, 07:41 GMT-4

Thank you Jeff - I missed this one!

Regards,

Fatima

Thank you Jeff - I missed this one! Regards, Fatima

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.