Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperature Dilemma

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

My study is a coupling of Laminar flow and Transport of Concentrated Species. I calculated density, viscosity and volumetric flow rate according to 900 degC. Do I need to change initial temperature anyway ?

3 Replies Last Post 26 lug 2018, 16:22 GMT-4

Posted: 6 years ago 26 lug 2018, 15:12 GMT-4
Updated: 6 years ago 26 lug 2018, 15:12 GMT-4

Hi Semih,

What do you mean you have to change the initial temperature? If you want to couple two physics and use the solution of the first as an initial condition of the second you can go to "Study 1" in the first branch and check the "use solution as an initial condition" (something like that, can't remember the correct name now) and choose the solution you want.

Hope this helps.

Best, Nichal

Hi Semih, What do you mean you have to change the initial temperature? If you want to couple two physics and use the solution of the first as an initial condition of the second you can go to "Study 1" in the first branch and check the "use solution as an initial condition" (something like that, can't remember the correct name now) and choose the solution you want. Hope this helps. Best, Nichal

Posted: 6 years ago 26 lug 2018, 16:15 GMT-4

Thank you for your interest. My question is that do I need to change initial temperature even if I calculate all initial value for 900 degC. I mean that I calculate the viscosity, density, volumetric flow rate and molar concentration according to 900 degC. Also, I added them manually. Hence, do I need to change initial temperature ?

Thank you for your interest. My question is that do I need to change initial temperature even if I calculate all initial value for 900 degC. I mean that I calculate the viscosity, density, volumetric flow rate and molar concentration according to 900 degC. Also, I added them manually. Hence, do I need to change initial temperature ?

Posted: 6 years ago 26 lug 2018, 16:22 GMT-4
Updated: 6 years ago 26 lug 2018, 16:22 GMT-4

If they are two different physics and studies I would that you do, but maybe someone else could confirm it

If they are two different physics and studies I would that you do, but maybe someone else could confirm it

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.