Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Create Frequency response function (nonlinear backbone curves) with transient simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to achieve the following:

1. Large deflection (geometric nonlinear) transient analysis of a prestressed (pretensioned) clamped-clamped beam.

2. (input acceleration) Apply body acceleration (user defined function acc = Asin(2piftime) [m/s^2] to the entire body. Where A [m/s^2] is amplitude and f[Hz] is the frequency and both sweeping parameters which are to be swept over defined range.

3. Get displacement vs time data at the center length, center width of the clamped-clamped beam (output displacement) and save to a unique file and move repeat from steps 2 to 3.

Is it possible to perform these steps in COMSOL? If yes, can anyone point me towards some examples or help me with it?

P.S. I would then post process the displacement vs time data files in MATLAB and generate the FRF plot calculated as RMS(output displacement)/RMS(input acceleration) vs f to get the nonlinear backbone curves.

-------------------
P.C.

0 Replies Last Post 21 ago 2018, 16:17 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello punnagNCSU

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.