Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rigid connector alternative for rigid body solid mechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I noticed that once i apply rigid domain to my 2D model in solid mechanics, the rigid connector becomes invalid. What is another way to keep the solid fixed (not let it move in x and y direction) but allow it to rotate? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 5 set 2018, 15:13 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 5 set 2018, 14:03 GMT-4

Hi,

The Rigid Domain has its own boundary conditions. Right-click in the Rigid Domain node, and you will find for example Prescribed Displacement.

Regards,
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, The Rigid Domain has its own boundary conditions. Right-click in the Rigid Domain node, and you will find for example Prescribed Displacement. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 6 years ago 5 set 2018, 15:13 GMT-4

Hello Mr. Henrik, I had not realized that it had extensions. Thank you for the reply.

Regards, Rishav

Hello Mr. Henrik, I had not realized that it had extensions. Thank you for the reply. Regards, Rishav

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.