Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Double integration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello; is there anyway in comsol to conduct double integration on x and y coordinates. I am trying to use "integrate" expression, but i can only define one variable. Another inquiry, when we use surface integration, what are the limits of integration?

Thank you in advance, HM

1 Reply Last Post 28 set 2018, 19:05 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 28 set 2018, 19:05 GMT-4
Updated: 6 years ago 28 set 2018, 19:06 GMT-4

I think that I can answer the second part of your question. When you use surface integration, the limits are usually the boundaries (aka, edges) of the specific surface (or set of surfaces) that you have selected when defining/applying the surface integration. Typically, depending on how/where in the user interface that you are specifying this, and what you do with the mouse, the surface in question will be highlighted on your display. For example, select a surface and integrate the quantity "1" over that surface. Your result will be the area of that surface, which is as it should be.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I think that I can answer the second part of your question. When you use surface integration, the limits are usually the boundaries (aka, edges) of the specific surface (or set of surfaces) that you have selected when defining/applying the surface integration. Typically, depending on how/where in the user interface that you are specifying this, and what you do with the mouse, the surface in question will be highlighted on your display. For example, select a surface and integrate the quantity "1" over that surface. Your result will be the area of that surface, which is as it should be.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.