Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Rotating steel fiber with magnetic field inside fluid

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I have modeled a Helmholtz coil in comsol. Now, I want to rotate a steel fiber (Cylinder) using magnetic flux density. However, I get error regarding my solution convergence. I have tried changing my mesh size but it wasn’t effective. First, I solve the stationary step, which runs without error. After that I run my time dependent study based on deformed configuration in stationary step but I get error. Anybody knows if I can find a reference for this problem?

Best, Sina

1 Reply Last Post 10 ott 2018, 11:14 GMT-4
Nirmal Paudel Tribhuvan University/Electrical Engineering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 10 ott 2018, 11:14 GMT-4

Hi Sina,

It's hard to suggest anything unless we see the model file or more description of the model itself.

BR/Nirmal

Hi Sina, It's hard to suggest anything unless we see the model file or more description of the model itself. BR/Nirmal

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.