Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transport of diluted species coupling with a previous study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I'm having some trouble coupling two different transport of diluted species studies. The process is like this:

First: In study 2 Time dependent, I run TDE for one specific hour (tds1-hour1) coupled with a turbulent flow (Study 1: Stationary) and I got a solution. In Study 2 I set as "Values of variables not solved for: Study 1: Stationary". Is this process correct?

Second: In study 3 Time depedent, I want to run another TDE for another specific hour (tds2-hour2) setting as initial value the solution of the previos TDE (tds1-hour1), coupled with the same turbulent flow. I've tried to set as "Initial values of variables solved for: Study 2 Time dependent" and "Values of variables not solved for: Study 1 Stationary" , but the results I get does not show the initial values of TDE (tds1-hour1) in minut 0. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this.

Thanks to all.

Esteban

1 Reply Last Post 23 nov 2018, 08:31 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 23 nov 2018, 08:31 GMT-5

First: I use the same process for ensuring that a stationary solution is used as a source of convection. Specifically - User controlled - Solution - Study (i.e the study that gave you the stationary solution).

Second: Only thing I could suggest would be to check the selected options, perhaps you have used the Initial Expression Mehtod? Whereas the Solution Method is appropriate for both the variables solved and not solved for cases.

David

First: I use the same process for ensuring that a stationary solution is used as a source of convection. Specifically - User controlled - Solution - Study (i.e the study that gave you the stationary solution). Second: Only thing I could suggest would be to check the selected options, perhaps you have used the Initial Expression Mehtod? Whereas the Solution Method is appropriate for both the variables solved and not solved for cases. David

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.