Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D Model Problem...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I'm working on a model which is a 2D representation of a solid container in a multiphase-flow section. what I'm trying to model is to study the relation between the contact angle and the ratio of the viscosity of the two different fluid inside the tank. The model is really simple and it's working in 5-20 second but still I'm not sure the whole model is right or not.
The main problem that I have is that when i increase the time of simulation for about 100 Sec what I could see was that some of the fluid inside the tank will disappear which is quite strange and I think it has to do with the boundary condition on the side wall. Interesting thing is that still the flow structure is kind of similar to what we are looking for, the only thing that makes me worry is that something might be wrong with the model and i wouldn't see it and then the whole result that I'm getting might be wrong.
The model that i uploaded here is the one im trying to work on but in case u wanted to run that model you need to increase the mesh size to extra-fine so that it would run without any error.
any help or anything that you think will be helpful for me will be deeply appreciated.

2 Replies Last Post 22 gen 2013, 12:37 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ramin Parhizkar

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 gen 2013, 02:30 GMT-5
Hi,
I have the same problem. I am trying to simulate a half-filled fuel tank under acc. of 1g in x direction and 0.25g in y direction. Fluid behaves as it is expected, however after a while it disappeares slowly. I have deleted all the heat transfer equations, still is dissappears of vaporize.
Hi, I have the same problem. I am trying to simulate a half-filled fuel tank under acc. of 1g in x direction and 0.25g in y direction. Fluid behaves as it is expected, however after a while it disappeares slowly. I have deleted all the heat transfer equations, still is dissappears of vaporize.

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 gen 2013, 12:37 GMT-5
Hi

Similar problem was discussed in this forum some time ago. Try changing "convective term" from "advanced settings" to "conservative" instead of "non-conservative". This has something to do with losing material.

Best regards

Tero Hietanen
Hi Similar problem was discussed in this forum some time ago. Try changing "convective term" from "advanced settings" to "conservative" instead of "non-conservative". This has something to do with losing material. Best regards Tero Hietanen

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.