Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Applying a flux boundary condition with concentration as a limiting condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am using 'Transport of Diluted Species' with a constant flux J0 boundary condition. I need to reverse this flux to -J0 when a maximum concentration is reached at the boundary. And then the flux must reverese back to +J0 when the concentration drops to 0 at the boundary. I need to perform this charge - discharge cycle multiple number of times.

Note - I cannot use a function of time to define this boundary condition as the time at which maximum and minimum concentration is reached is unknown.

2 Replies Last Post 5 gen 2019, 16:33 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 4 gen 2019, 20:13 GMT-5
Updated: 6 years ago 7 gen 2019, 09:16 GMT-5

You can use the event interface to do that. See the blog post entitled "Implementing a thermostat with the event interface" for a great introduction to the topic.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
You can use the event interface to do that. See the blog post entitled ["Implementing a thermostat with the event interface"](https://www.comsol.com/blogs/implementing-a-thermostat-with-the-events-interface/) for a great introduction to the topic. Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago 5 gen 2019, 16:33 GMT-5

That worked perfectly. Thank you!!

That worked perfectly. Thank you!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.