Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid structure interaction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all! I have some problems simulating a "Fluid structure interaction". I start from this model www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/361/ . I have tosimulate the mitral valve of te heart so l have changed the structure of internal rectangle. Then l define the boundary condition as in the reference model but Comsol 4.2 return this error:

The following feature has encounteres a problem:
-Feature:Time Dependent Solver 1(sol1/t1)
-Error: Nonlinear solver did not converge.

I already tried to use the smallest mash but i receive the same error

Any ideas?
Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 12 gen 2014, 18:35 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giovanni Bennardo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 gen 2014, 18:35 GMT-5
Hi Giovani,
I know you wrote this for a while.
I am wondering if you could tell me if you have achieved to simulate the fsi mitral within comsol.
I am new user of comsol and I am seeking to solve the same problem within comsol.

I would be grateful if you could help me.
thanks
Hi Giovani, I know you wrote this for a while. I am wondering if you could tell me if you have achieved to simulate the fsi mitral within comsol. I am new user of comsol and I am seeking to solve the same problem within comsol. I would be grateful if you could help me. thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.