Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Result doen't change with change in material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, We are trying to simulate the electric and magnectic field on the surface of a robot. We have simulated and obtained good results for the robot made of dielectric materials, but when we changed the material of the robot to aluminium, the results didn't change as they should. what can be done to display the differences in electric field and magnectic field on the robot according to the change in material? Thank you for any help, Luciana Mello

3 Replies Last Post 15 apr 2019, 11:28 GMT-4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago 15 apr 2019, 10:48 GMT-4

Luciana,

as far as I can see you applied a ground BC on all surfaces of this little vehicle (the robot?). So the material it is made of doesn't matter.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Luciana, as far as I can see you applied a ground BC on all surfaces of this little vehicle (the robot?). So the material it is made of doesn't matter. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 5 years ago 15 apr 2019, 11:14 GMT-4

Thank you very much for your reply. I have corrected the Electric Fields simulations. For the magnetic fields we are using the Magnectic Fields Physics. What would be the correct BC to use on the robot to show the magnectic field on the its surface and represent the differences in the field according to the materials used?

Thank you very much for your reply. I have corrected the Electric Fields simulations. For the magnetic fields we are using the Magnectic Fields Physics. What would be the correct BC to use on the robot to show the magnectic field on the its surface and represent the differences in the field according to the materials used?

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 5 years ago 15 apr 2019, 11:28 GMT-4

I don't think you need a specific BC. Just assign the material and leave the default continuity. If you have time dependent magnetic fields you may consider impedance BC on metallic faces if you don't need to resolve the skin effect. If you have only static fields and no currents you can use mfnc instead of mf.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
I don't think you need a specific BC. Just assign the material and leave the default continuity. If you have time dependent magnetic fields you may consider impedance BC on metallic faces if you don't need to resolve the skin effect. If you have only static fields and no currents you can use mfnc instead of mf.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.