Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plots do not get updated in .avi animation export

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone

I am new to COMSOL and I want to simulate the penetration of a magnetic field into a coil core which is highly permeable and conductive. In order to do so I created the model in the attachment and tried to create an animated .avi file for the magnetic flux magnitude and the current density magnitude.

I simulate 200seconds and I want to have the animation run at 50Hz.

The first animation of the magnetic flux density runs smoothly at 50Hz when I export the .avi file in Comsol.

However, when I try to create a .avi file for the currenty density magnitude with the same export settings as the flux magnitude, the animation only seems to update the frame every 20 frames or so. (When I display the time variable t, the time variable displayed on the top axis gets updated but it seems like for some reason, the surface plot does not get updated according to time).

Any ideas what I could do to resolve this issue?

Thanks very much!

0 Replies Last Post 3 lug 2019, 12:01 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Denis v.A.

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.