Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Thermal tuners on a silicon Nitride platform

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new in Comsol and might have a fairly simple question. How can I do this simulation: I want to replicate the result as generated in the paper "Thermal tuners on a silicon nitride platform" by Daniel Perez 2016. Link for paper: https://arxiv.org/abs/1604.02958 I used "Heat transfer in solids" as a physics and going to calculate some temperature gradient in a fix power apply to the heater. My result is different with the expected result. By using simulation results I prepared a ppt file and attached hereby. Can any experts on COMSOL tell me how can I simulate and get the proper results? 1. From the calculated result, it looks we approached a wrong way to replicate the paper result. Is this right way to use physics ‘Heat Transfer in solids’? 2. Which physics do you suggest for this situation? If so, please let us know any example to understand that physics?

Very urgent! Thank you! The version is Comsol 5.4.

With best regards ORS

0 Replies Last Post 5 set 2019, 01:22 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Om Raj Sapkota

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.