Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to get the area and volume after model deformation?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning everyone, Recently, I encountered a problem when using comsol. I wanted to get the area and volume after the model deformation, but the integral value is always the area and volume before deformation. So I want to know how to achieve my purpose.

5 Replies Last Post 22 dic 2019, 02:54 GMT-5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 16 dic 2019, 02:51 GMT-5

Hi,

This depends on whether you evaluate the integral in the material frame or the spatial frame.

To compute integrals in the deformed configuration, you must either select spatial frame when defining the integration operator (if you are using one), or select spatial frame in the dataset.

Regards,
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi, This depends on whether you evaluate the integral in the material frame or the spatial frame. To compute integrals in the deformed configuration, you must either select spatial frame when defining the integration operator (if you are using one), or select spatial frame in the dataset. Regards, Henrik

Posted: 5 years ago 17 dic 2019, 20:30 GMT-5

Hi,

This depends on whether you evaluate the integral in the material frame or the spatial frame.

To compute integrals in the deformed configuration, you must either select spatial frame when defining the integration operator (if you are using one), or select spatial frame in the dataset.

Regards,
Henrik

Thank you Henrik. When I choose spatial frame and geometric nonlinearity at the same time, COMSOL will encounter a problem that is "Multiple moving frame specifications on the same selection." I donot know why.

>Hi, > >This depends on whether you evaluate the integral in the material frame or the spatial frame. > >To compute integrals in the deformed configuration, you must either select spatial frame when defining the integration operator (if you are using one), or select spatial frame in the dataset. > > >Regards, >Henrik Thank you Henrik. When I choose spatial frame and geometric nonlinearity at the same time, COMSOL will encounter a problem that is "Multiple moving frame specifications on the same selection." I donot know why.

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 18 dic 2019, 07:10 GMT-5

If you select Modify model configuration for study step, you can identify the conflict, and also resolve it.

Regards.
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
If you select *Modify model configuration for study step*, you can identify the conflict, and also resolve it. Regards. Henrik

Posted: 5 years ago 19 dic 2019, 04:26 GMT-5

If you select Modify model configuration for study step, you can identify the conflict, and also resolve it.

Regards.
Henrik

Thank you very much. I will try it again.

XS Chen

>If you select *Modify model configuration for study step*, you can identify the conflict, and also resolve it. > >Regards. >Henrik > Thank you very much. I will try it again. > > XS Chen

Posted: 5 years ago 22 dic 2019, 02:54 GMT-5

Regards.
Henrik

Dear Henrik, I am sorry to bother you again. Because it failed again in the calculation. I think the geometric nonlinearity must be opened to solve the area and volume after model deformation, but the model keeps showing errors. This model is an official case, I am very confused about that. Thank you.

Breeze Chen

>If you select *Modify model configuration for study step*, you can identify the conflict, and also resolve it. > >Regards. >Henrik Dear Henrik, I am sorry to bother you again. Because it failed again in the calculation. I think the geometric nonlinearity must be opened to solve the area and volume after model deformation, but the model keeps showing errors. This model is an official case, I am very confused about that. Thank you. > > Breeze Chen

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.