Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creating temperature gradient

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good day,

I am new with COMSOL and I am trying to create a model represeting water flowing in injection well. I build a model that consist of three domain: 1. Water, which is inside of the well 2. Well thickness 3. Earth Formation My question is, how to have temperature gradient that can represent earth temperature gradient, which is 25K/1000m?

1 Reply Last Post 30 gen 2020, 10:15 GMT-5
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 30 gen 2020, 10:15 GMT-5
Updated: 4 years ago 30 gen 2020, 10:21 GMT-5

Hi Nico,

COMSOL's interface is interpreted, so you can type mathematical expressions in the text fields for your model inputs. For instance, if you want the temperature at a boundary to be Tsurf+.025[K/m]*z (where z is the vertical coordinate pointing into the ground and Tsurf is the temperature at ground level), you can simply type that mathematical expression directly in your Temperature boundary condition.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Nico, COMSOL's interface is interpreted, so you can type mathematical expressions in the text fields for your model inputs. For instance, if you want the temperature at a boundary to be Tsurf+.025[K/m]*z (where z is the vertical coordinate pointing into the ground and Tsurf is the temperature at ground level), you can simply type that mathematical expression directly in your Temperature boundary condition. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.