Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cancelling mesh generation in Livelink for MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm running a COMSOL simulation through Matlab where a script solves randomly generated geometries repeatedly to obtain statistics. One step is meshing the geometry. This meshing step normally takes around 20-30 seconds, or a minute in some cases. However I've noticed that certain geometries can take up towards 2-4 hours to mesh. I would much rather abandon this geometry and create a new one.

Is there any way for me to define a criteria to make COMSOL, through Matlab livelink, cancel the mesh generation in case it has taken too long? This is a significant flaw in my code right now since even if I run the script overnight, one or two of these problematic meshes is enough to ruin my statistics.

0 Replies Last Post 21 feb 2020, 02:44 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Daniel Fredriksson

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.