Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

RE: Boundary Conditions with Weak Form PDE's

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Jose,

This blog post shows how to implement a transient diffusion equation in the weak form, including how to handle boundary conditions.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller

1 Reply Last Post 13 mar 2020, 18:39 GMT-4
Jose Mechanical Engineering

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 13 mar 2020, 18:39 GMT-4
Updated: 4 years ago 13 mar 2020, 18:39 GMT-4

Hello!

Quick question, when I make the weak form of my PDE, I end up with domain and surface integrals.

Do I input both types of integrals in the same spot? Are the surface integrals like using boundary conditions? If so, can I not put in the surface integrals and use the built in boundary conditions in comsol instead, like Periodic?

I'm attempting to solve a 2D transient diffusion problem.

Thank you for you help!

Hello! Quick question, when I make the weak form of my PDE, I end up with domain and _surface_ integrals. Do I input both types of integrals in the same spot? Are the surface integrals like using boundary conditions? If so, can I not put in the surface integrals and use the built in boundary conditions in comsol instead, like Periodic? I'm attempting to solve a 2D transient diffusion problem. Thank you for you help!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.