Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

positive_column_1d example ...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

In positive_column_1d example in Plasma Module :

I receive the following error massage, when I increase applied voltage V0 from 100 V to e.g 1000 V :

Repeated error test failures. May have reached a singularity.
Time : 4.778827037879742e-006
Last time step is not converged.

This massage also occurs for other examples.
How one can resolve this difficulty ?

In my work, I need to increase the voltage to several kV and e.g. 20 microsecond.

Thanks a lot for your kind attention in advance.

Kind Regards,
Mona

1 Reply Last Post 20 gen 2014, 00:46 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mona Ghassemi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 gen 2014, 00:46 GMT-5
some of the cross sections are only defined up to 30eV e-temperatures.. (the townsend coeff.)
could that be a source of errors?
some of the cross sections are only defined up to 30eV e-temperatures.. (the townsend coeff.) could that be a source of errors?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.