Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL plots with wrong time step

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello.

I have written 0.025 s as time step but comsol plots every 0.1 s. How can i fix it? The study has been running more than 24 hours i can't re-do it easily.

While solving I had a probe ploting solutions and time step was right but when the study finished time step changed.

Thanks.

4 Replies Last Post 30 apr 2020, 14:43 GMT-4

Posted: 4 years ago 30 apr 2020, 13:56 GMT-4

Hi Andres,

Where is the screenshot taken from?

I believe the problem comes from the conflicting of the "Step 1: Time Dependent" and "Time Dependent Solver 1" nodes. If you set the time range as range(0,0.025,12) in the Step 1 node, but set the Time Dependent Solver option "Defined by study step" to be user defined, then the default time steps would be range(0,0.1,1). Check the Time Dependent Solver node just to make sure.

Let me know if this works,

Alex

Hi Andres, Where is the screenshot taken from? I believe the problem comes from the conflicting of the "Step 1: Time Dependent" and "Time Dependent Solver 1" nodes. If you set the time range as range(0,0.025,12) in the Step 1 node, but set the Time Dependent Solver option "Defined by study step" to be user defined, then the default time steps would be range(0,0.1,1). Check the Time Dependent Solver node just to make sure. Let me know if this works, Alex

Posted: 4 years ago 30 apr 2020, 14:06 GMT-4

Hi Alex,

thanks for replying. Yes I guess you are somehow right. I had that option as "Defined by study step" and not "User defined" but it's strange since in light gray the option has 0.1 s, it shouldn't be working that way.

Hi Alex, thanks for replying. Yes I guess you are somehow right. I had that option as "Defined by study step" and not "User defined" but it's strange since in light gray the option has 0.1 s, it shouldn't be working that way.

Posted: 4 years ago 30 apr 2020, 14:16 GMT-4

That is indeed strange. However, without having a look at your model, I cannot help any further unfortunately.

Cheers,

Alex

That is indeed strange. However, without having a look at your model, I cannot help any further unfortunately. Cheers, Alex

Posted: 4 years ago 30 apr 2020, 14:43 GMT-4

Don't worry. I think there's no way to fix it. Next time I will take a look to log window to know if time step is the one i want. Thanks again.

Don't worry. I think there's no way to fix it. Next time I will take a look to log window to know if time step is the one i want. Thanks again.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.