Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Forgetting mesh but still compute

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello COMSOL

When i use AC/DC to compute the magnetic field, i forgot meshing one part of the permanent magnet, but the study can be computed without errors.

By checking the results, i found the part which was not meshed did not participate in computation.

Question: The part without meshing does not participate in computation? How can we avoid forgetting meshing when compute a common-used model?

Best

zhangxiang

1 Reply Last Post 18 ago 2020, 23:11 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 18 ago 2020, 23:11 GMT-4

Attention to detail. I recommend that you always inspect your meshes. And... your boundary conditions. And... material properties. And... the values of any (often many) other variables that might matter. There are simply countless ways to create and run models that will execute without generating error messages, all while yielding highly misleading or completely wrong results.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Attention to detail. I recommend that you always inspect your meshes. And... your boundary conditions. And... material properties. And... the values of any (often many) other variables that might matter. There are simply countless ways to create and run models that will execute without generating error messages, all while yielding highly misleading or completely wrong results.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.